FISH SOUP BEE HOON
|1 packet of Chilli Brand
Fish Head Rice Vermicelli (400g)
|2 spring onions, cut into 2″ lengths||2 tbs Shaoxing wine||300g chye sim or any other
leafy vegetable, cut into
|3 tbs ikan bilis||2L chicken stock||2 tbs fish sauce||300g white fish, sliced|
|3 tbs haebee||2 tomatoes, cut into quarters||2 tbs palm sugar|
|1 thumb sized piece of ginger||1 can evaporated milk||Salt, to taste|
- Fry ikan bilis, haebee, ginger, and spring onions until aromatic.
- Add chicken stock and evaporated milk and bring to the boil.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until almost breaking up.
- Season with Shaoxing wine, fish sauce, palm sugar, and salt.
- Add vegetables and fish, and simmer until cooked.
- Soak Chilli Brand Fish Head Rice Vermicelli in room temperature water for 15 – 20 minutes until loosened, then blanch in hot water for 15 minutes or until soft and ready to eat.
- Add to Fish Soup and serve.
* By: Chef Pamelia Chia