|Ingredients: For Stock|
|1kg chicken bones or carcasses||1 head garlic, halved||1″ ginger, peeled and sliced||5 kaffir lime leaves, torn|
|1 large live crab (about 1kg in weight)||4 spring onions, cut into 2″ lengths||2 tablespoons condensed milk||Small bunch of coriander leaves|
|1 packet of Chili Brand Laksa Vermicelli (400g)||4 chili padi, sliced thinly||2 tablespoons fish sauce|
|2 tablespoons lard, vegetable or oil||10 garlic cloves, sliced thinly||2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine|
|2″ ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks||5 tablespoons evaporated milk||Salt and sugar to taste.|
1.Cover the chicken bones with water in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. When boiling, drain the chicken pieces and wash under running water.
3. Into a clean pot, add the chicken pieces, garlic, ginger, and kaffir lime leaves. Boil and simmer for 3 hours or until the flavor is concentrated and the broth looks milky. Drain the stock and discard solids.
4. Kill the crab and separate its body from the head. Remove the gills and chop the crab’s body into four pieces, or smaller pieces if you wish. Add the crab pieces (and the head) into the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes, before removing from the pot, reserving the stock.
5. Soak the Chilli Brand Laksa Rice Vermicelli for about 20 minutes or more until softened, drain, and set aside.
6. Heat up a wok until very hot. Add the lard and once liquefied, add the ginger, spring onion, chili and garlic and saute until fragrant and colored.
7. Add the soaked and drained Chilli Brand Laksa Rice Vermicelli and continue stir-frying over high heat.
8. Add the reserved stock and evaporated milk and allow to simmer, covered, until the Chilli Brand Laksa Rice Vermicelli is tender.
9. Add the condensed milk, fish sauce, and wine, and season with additional salt and sugar if necessary.
10. Ladle the Chilli Brand Laksa Rice Vermicelli and soup onto a serving platter and arrange the crab pieces around the noodles. Top the noodles with coriander and crab head.